Director of Business Development
Billyard Insurance Group (BIG) is one of the fastest growing insurance brokerages in Canada. We’ve been recognized by Insurance Business Canada as a top brokerage three years in a row, achieved the IBC Top Insurance Workplace award in 2020, and were recently named one of Canada’s Top Growing Companies in the Globe and Mail’s 2020 Report on Business. We have 43 locations and over 500 employees across Ontario with our head office in the Niagara Region.
BIG is looking for a ‘Director of Business Development’ to join our team and help us identify and attract new partnerships and business opportunities. We have BIG plans already underway and we need a driven and hands-on business development leader to help propel them to the next level.
Find and present growth and partnership opportunities to the leadership team. Work with the divisional leaders to identify the possible business opportunities that can further enhance their departmental needs. Take ownership of projects already in the pipeline and lead them to completion.
Identify opportunities and develop a strategic growth plan to increase the brokerage distribution and product offering. Connect with insurance professionals looking to partner and work with BIG. Manage and increase the growth of the BIG branch office model across Canada.
Develop and manage relationships with markets, industry professional and potential business partners.
Lead the company’s continued expansion effort across Canada. This will require market development and explore further partnership and acquisition opportunities.
Our Dream Candidate
Our dream candidate is a natural born salesperson, leader and entrepreneur. You understand our business dynamics and can build strong and sustainable relationships. You love what you do and have fun while doing it. You have a strong growth mindset and the ability to establish a sound business development strategy in collaboration with key members of our team.
What Thinking BIG can provide you:
- An opportunity to provide strategy and direction to the ongoing BIG expansion
- A place on the leadership team to develop and execute growth strategies
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible work arrangements
- Generous vacation package
- Health & Dental benefits
Skills and Experience
- Direct experience in sales, business development, marketing, strategic partnership, or account management
- Master’s degree in business, marketing, finance, or related field
- Proven business development, sales, or marketing experience
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Experience in leadership and management
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Strong business acumen
- Past entrepreneurial experience an asset
Interested? Apply Here
Fill out the form below.