Commercial Marketer / Underwriter - Welland
We are looking for an experienced Commercial Marketer/Underwriter to join the team at BIG Head Office in Welland. The core of our business is attracting top insurance professionals and providing them with innovative technology and tools required to compete in the rapidly changing insurance landscape. We’re a rapidly growing insurance brokerage with over 40 locations across Ontario. We’re also proud to have been recognized on Insurance Business Canada’s Top Brokerages list for the last two years!
Our brokerage has a great philosophy: motivate your staff to succeed and you will succeed as a brokerage. We put as much emphasis on you as a person as we do the skills that you bring to the table. There is something special about being an employee at the BIG and we take that mindset into our hiring decisions.
Our Commercial Marketer/Underwriter position requires a relationship-oriented individual with strong organization skills, high-level communication skills, and detailed analytical and commercial underwriting abilities. You must be comfortable communicating with insurance company representatives/underwriters and with BIG Commercial Brokers across the company.
- Offer coaching, mentoring, and support to BIG Commercial Brokers in obtaining quotes and binding Commercial Business (both at BIG Head Office and all other branch offices)
- Review internal Commercial New Business applications and provide feedback, expertise, and approval to internal BIG Commercial Brokers
- Provide market intel to BIG Commercial Brokers and guidance as to what Insurance Company or Non-standard markets may be the best fit for the risk being quoted
- Review, Underwrite, and Audit Commercial policies/accounts to ensure risks fit within Commercial underwriting guidelines and ensure that internal files are complete
- Technology-oriented individuals
- Ambitious and self-motivated
- Analytical and strong attention to detail
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
- RIBO license is required
- 3+ years of Commercial experience is an asset
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Health care and disability benefits
- Starting at 3 weeks of vacation
- Opportunities to grow and develop
If you can see the BIG picture and the above description sounds like you, we encourage you to apply.
Interested? Apply Here
Fill out the form below.