Billyard Insurance Group is attracting top insurance professionals and providing them with innovative technology, tools, and the support required to compete in the fast-changing insurance landscape. We are a rapidly growing insurance brokerage with over 40 locations across Ontario. We’re also proud to have been recognized on Insurance Business Canada’s Top Brokerages list for the last two years and named one of Canada’s Top Growing Companies on the Globe and Mail’s 2020 Report on Business.
We are looking for an experienced insurance professional to join our growing team at Head Office in Welland as a Commercial Underwriter. This role requires a detail-oriented individual with strong organization skills, high-level communication skills, and detailed analytical and Commercial underwriting abilities. You must be comfortable communicating with all of our BIG Commercial Brokers across the company.
- Review, underwrite, and audit Commercial policies/accounts to ensure risks fit within internal Commercial underwriting profitability guidelines
- Thorough analysis of Commercial files to ensure completeness and accuracy of underwriting information on file
- Coach and mentor BIG Brokers on proper file management and documentation practices, and adherence to BIG’s internal file documentation requirements
- Set follow-ups to manage outstanding information and ensure full completion of action items
- Technology-oriented individuals
- Ambitious and self-motivated
- Analytical and strong attention to detail
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work autonomously as well as on a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
Qualifications and experience:
- RIBO license is required
- 3+ years of insurance experience is an asset
- Commercial experience is an asset
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Health care and disability benefits
- Starting at 3 weeks of vacation
Opportunities to grow and develop
Interested? Apply Here
Fill out the form below.