Branch Manager - Welland
Billyard Insurance Group is attracting top insurance professionals and providing them with innovative technology, tools, and the support required to compete in the fast-changing insurance landscape. We are a rapidly growing insurance brokerage with over 60 locations across Ontario, Alberta, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia. We’re also proud to have been recognized on Insurance Business Canada’s Top Brokerages list for the last three years and named one of Canada’s Top Growing Companies on the Globe and Mail’s Report on Business in 2020 and 2021. We have also been named a Top Insurance Employer for two years in a row.
About the Role
Billyard Insurance Group is looking for a Branch Manager to join our growing team at Head Office in Welland. The Branch Manager is the leader of the growth, retention, and development of BIG’s flagship branch office. This role comes with a mighty team of sales and service brokers in both personal lines and commercial lines. As our original branch, you will also have the exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of any new initiatives that we plan to launch companywide.
- Achieve retention and growth targets within an agreed-upon plan
- Provide guidance and support to sales agents to help them hit expected sales targets
- Accountable for office staffing and leadership of the team
- Motivate staff to participate in company objectives and continuously working with front-line staff informed of changes
- Handle client escalations effectively and ensure they are handled in an appropriate manner
- Hire, develop, coach, and mentor all members of the Welland team
- Collaborate with other divisional leaders to help increase organizational efficiencies
- Strong working knowledge and proven successful sales experience in commercial and personal lines insurance
- Natural leader with experience managing large teams
- Strong working knowledge of Powerbroker and Applied Rating Services
- Ability to work to improve the effectiveness of those that report to you
- Experience leading a fast paced and quickly scaling team
- Compelling communications skills to report on program performance and strategic plans, and influence key stakeholders
- 5+ years of insurance industry experience.
- Post-Secondary Degree or diploma
- CIP, CRM or CAIB designation preferred
What We Offer
- Opportunity to work for Canada’s fastest organically growing insurance brokerage
- People-focused company culture
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental & Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 4 weeks’ vacation
- Birthday day off
- Training & Personal Development
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Billyard Insurance Group is committed to building a transparent environment where everyone feels heard, welcomed, and included. We believe Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are fundamental in our vision to be the leading insurance platform in Canada. BIG is a proud, equal-opportunity workplace that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Our Commitment to Accessibility
Billyard Insurance Group is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please contact us at email@example.com or 905.346.2190 x10211.
Please note that all applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Interested? Apply Here
Fill out the form below.