00:00 - 00:54
Whether you're a homeowner, business owner, or a driver on the road; in your search for insurance coverage, you've probably heard of property and casualty insurance. We'll give you more detail and a better understanding of P&C Insurance in today's video: What is property and casualty insurance?

Here at BIG, we're on a mission to make sure Canadians are well-informed buyers of insurance. So be sure to, like, share, and follow us on social media for more insurance related content and all things Billyard Insurance Group. Property and casualty insurance, or P&C, is an umbrella term for many types of insurance that shield your assets from unforeseen events that can cause damage or harm. From natural disasters like floods and fires, to unexpected road accidents, property and casualty insurance covers a wide range of perils.

00:55 - 01:49

Homeowners insurance will protect your home and belongings against covered perils like theft or fire. These policies typically include liability coverage, which will help protect you if someone's hurt in your home.

Auto insurance helps cover your vehicle and you, depending on what coverages you choose. In Canada, you're legally required to have liability insurance, while coverages like collision and comprehensive are optional.

Condo insurance helps protect against structural damages to the interior of your unit. It's important to understand what your policy covers versus what's covered by the condo association's policy.

While your landlord should have a policy that covers the building and personal property, it's important to have renters insurance. This type of policy will help protect your personal property from damage.

01:49 - 02:06

Property and casualty is the shield that protects your assets, keeping you safe and secure. If you'd like more information on P&C Insurance or would like a quote to protect your property, be sure to talk to a BIG broker and head over to today.

Insurance for Everything.

Select an insurance product to get a quote.